One issue faced by most Roombelt evaluators that use it with Office365 is that Roombelt displays an organizer name instead of the meeting summary. This is caused by the default Office365 configuration and can be easily fixed by following the steps described below:
- Open Powersell on your Windows machine.
- Install the Exchange Online Powershell V2 module:
PS> Install-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement -Scope CurrentUser
You can read more about ExchangeOnlineManagement in the Microsoft Exchange documentation.
- Sign in to the Exchange Online:
PS> Import-Module ExchangeOnlineManagement
- Update configuration of your room's mailboxes:
PS> Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails RoomMailbox | Set-CalendarProcessing -RemovePrivateProperty $false -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -AddOrganizerToSubject $false
The command updates settings for calendars of all rooms in your organization. The flags used are:
- RemovePrivateProperty $false - private meetings will be flagged as private in the meeting room calendar.
- DeleteComments $false - keep meeting description in the meeting room calendar.
-DeleteSubject $false -AddOrganizerToSubject $false - don't replace meeting summary with the organizer name
- Disconnect from Exchange Online: